Privacy Collection Statement
This policy sets out how CS Motion Technologies Pty Ltd (ACN 628 607 009) (“CS Motion”, “we” or “us”) collects, uses, discloses and manages your personal information.
By using any software published by CS Motion (including Placie or the Placie Driver App) or accessing our websites (such as https://www.placie.com), you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
What personal information about me is collected?
The personal information we collect about you will depend on the services that we are providing to you and may include:
- identification details, such as your name and date of birth;
- account security questions and answers;
- contact information, such as your email address and phone number;
- credit card and other financial payment details;
- your IP address, information about the devices on which you use our software or visit our websites, and your activities on those devices or sites (including browser and operating system, unique device identifiers, time, date, referral information, location, carrier and site interactions);
- location data about your Placie journeys, including your start and end points, current location and route;
- records and content of your communications with us or which are conducted via our software (eg messages submitted via our website or by utilizing any electronic messaging capability in our software);
- if you participate in any surveys we, or a third party service provider acting on our behalf, may conduct from time to time, personal information relating to your survey responses; and
- if you are a driver or other service operator affiliated with a Placie Transport Partner (e.g. driver of a ride-sharing vehicle) (“Affiliated Service Provider”), we also collect personal details relevant to your provision of services such as your driver accreditation number, vehicle make and model details, vehicle registration details and identification photograph.
How is my personal information collected?
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including directly from you when you:
- create an account to use Placie;
- use Placie, or visit our website;
- make an enquiry via our website or via Placie;
- enter a competition or promotion conducted by us; or
- communicate with us or others using any messaging capability in Placie.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties, such as from Placie Transport Partners where you have a pre-existing account (e.g. passenger account or driver account) with that Placie Transport Partner.
How is my personal information used?
Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- to facilitate journeys using Placie, for example:
- to plan and facilitate your journey using your current location, origin and destination,
- if you are a passenger, by providing your first name and location details to a Placie Transport Partner so that the Affiliated Service Provider knows who to collect and where to collect you;
- if you are an Affiliated Service Provider, providing your first name, driver photograph, accreditation details, vehicle information and current location to passengers via Placie so the passenger can receive your services; and
- to determine your eligibility for journeys with particular Placie Transport Partners (for example, using your date of birth to determine whether you meet an age threshold);
- to maintain appropriate business records;
- to respond to an enquiry or provide our services, products or assistance that you request from us;
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with our services;
- to generate reports and statistics in relation to our services;
- for the purposes of feedback, reviews and ratings;
- to promote and market special offers and other services to you;
- where you use a Placie referral coupon, to advise the referrer that the code has been redeemed by you;
- for staff training and quality assurance;
- to aggregate personal information with our third party partners for the purpose of personalising the advertising you receive from us and them; and
- to contact winners of trade promotions run by us.
We will use the personal information for the purposes disclosed above, the purpose for which you provided it, any related secondary purposes which you would reasonably expect and for any other purpose to which you have consented.
How is my personal information shared?
We may disclose personal information to other individuals and organisations. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- Placie Transport Partners, specifically:
- if you make a booking via Placie, we will share your personal information with the Placie Transport Partner(s) that provide services to you. For example, this may include:
- sharing records of your journeys for record keeping, billing and dispute resolution purposes; and
- if you are an Affiliated Service Provider (e.g. a ride-share driver), we will share personal information about you with the relevant Placie Transport Partner and customer for the purpose of facilitating your service offering via Placie. For example, if you are an affiliated driver with Taxi Co, we may share your location details with Taxi Co and the Placie customer that has booked your services. We may share personal information about you with customers so that they can identify your service (eg your name and current location);
- our related bodies corporate, employees, contractors and agents;
- outsourced service providers who assist us to provide its services including: information technology providers; marketing and market research advisers and survey providers; professional advisers; and payment platforms;
- entities to whom you request we send your information;
- to assist government or regulatory authorities or police; and
- as we are required by law, for example pursuant to a subpoena, or in response to a request from a government agency or law enforcement body.
Where we disclose your personal information to a data service provider, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure those data service providers comply at all times with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
How do I keep my personal information up to date?
We strive to maintain accurate and up-to-date records. To facilitate this, please let us know if any of your details change. You can update your account details via Placie at any time. We may verify the accuracy of personal information we hold against information about you held by a third party.
We may destroy or de-identify personal information once the information is no longer deemed required by the business.
How do I access my information?
You generally have a right to access your personal information, subject to a few exceptions provided by law. If you wish to access your personal information please contact us using the details below. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find the information. Generally, there will be no charge for this service, however you may be required to verify your identity before any information is released to you. Depending on the volume, type or method of access to the information you request, we may charge you some fees, however, these will not be excessive and will not apply to the making of the request. Please note that depending on the volume or nature of the information required, it may take a number of days to fulfil the request.
How is my information protected?
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure.
Is my personal information shared outside of Australia?
What if I choose not to provide my personal information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, we may not be able to provide you with the full range of our services.
Is my location collected?
When using our software, depending on your device settings and permissions, we may collect information about your location. You can change your device settings and permissions to prevent our software from sending information about your location to us. However, this will prevent us from being able to offer you our services.
How do third party sites record my activity and use it?
How to contact us about your personal information?
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy please contact us.
- Postal Address: Locked Bag 9001, Richmond VIC 3121
- Attention: Nicole Birman
- Email: Click here to contact us by email
We treat complaints relating to privacy extremely seriously. If you submit a concern or complaint, we will endeavour to deal with it comprehensively and reach an outcome with which all parties are satisfied. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint (after providing us with a reasonable time to respond) or would like further information about privacy in Australia, then we suggest you contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website.
Does this policy change?
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published on this website.